Let Us Host You!
It’s been a long year. The 2020 Holiday Season is coming up fast and boy do we ever need it. After the separation, working from home, watching the entire Marvel movie catalog on demand (was that just us?), and virtual hang outs, we need a collective group hug.
Let Drees Pavilion offer you and your family or staff a place to come together again. While most restaurants are maxed out for capacity, we have plenty of room to spread out and bring the entire gang! We can accommodate groups from 15-150 in our spaces. They aren’t just for weddings!
Whether it’s your large family or your staff that is like family, we offer planning, a range of caterers and event managers to handle the details you so can enjoy.
While several event and dining options are available, we are also offering a special Holiday Luncheon menu!
Choose from two plated items such as roasted turkey breast and charred New York strip for lunch, with dessert, drinks, service and tax included!
Click here for the complete menu!
We are excited to announce we can celebrate together again in Kentucky!
The state released updated guidelines effective June 29th, 2020, for wedding & event venues. While this list of “Do’s and Don’ts” seems extensive, the important fact is we can once again welcome weddings & receptions to Drees Pavilion and Devou Golf & Event Center.
An extensive list of guidelines are listed below along with links to the official documents, but here are some highlights:
- The number of guests shall not exceed 50% of the maximum permitted occupancy, meaning Drees Pavilion can accommodate 150 guests; Devou Golf & Event Center – 100 guests
- Devou Properties must maintain a record of attendees and their contact information, telephone number preferred, and cooperate with state and/or local public official request(s) to notify attendees if the event is linked by contact tracing to high risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- Events will be set with tables of 8, placed six feet apart for safe social distancing.
- Couples will be provided a room layout to assign seating for each of their guests in the safest manner.
- Persons not living within the same household are not permitted to sit at the same table.
- A member of our team will meet guests at front door to inform them of their seating assignments in lieu of common touch seating assignment charts or objects
- Masks are required to be worn by all guests except while seated or consuming food & beverage
- No common touch guest book or signature item
- Appetizers will be served table-side
- The bar will be open to guests but social distancing in line will be required
- Guests are to remain seated when eating or drinking
- Bridal party introductions – no changes
- Welcome & Blessing – no changes
- Speeches – no changes
- Cake Cutting – cake table will be located on dance floor with at least 6 ft separation, possibly with stanchions surrounding; cake will be moved to the kitchen to be plate served after dinner
- Idea! Consider a small cake being presented to the couple for cutting
- Bride & groom’s first dance – no changes
- Parent dances – no changes
- Silverware will be rolled in a linen napkin at each place setting
- Water will be served to guests upon request
- Salad will be served to each guest followed by dinner service
- Wedding cake or desserts served table-side
- The dance floor will be available if social distancing protocols are being followed
- The dance floor can be marked to remind guests of social distancing
- Emcee/DJ will assist with social distancing on the dance floor
To help keep you and your guests safe
- Team members will have temperatures checked and will be given a pre work health screening
- All doors that can be propped open safely will be to lessen contact to surfaces
- Team members will be assigned to sanitize surfaces and bathrooms throughout the evening
- Covid 19 required posters to be posted at front doors
- Staff to wear face coverings at all times
The complete state issued document may be found here.
For further information, access the requirements for Restaurant and Bars (which also inform this list) here. Please keep in mind that we are ready to assist in understanding and interpreting these procedures for each specific event. Call us with any questions or concerns you may have.
As always, this information is subject to change and we will keep you informed as much and as quickly as we can. We are excited to work to ensure and safe and successful celebration on your big day!
Grilled Skirt Steak with Spicy Salad Greens, Crumbled Gorgonzola, Toasted Pine Nuts and Sun Dried Cherry Vinaigrette
Courtesy of McHale’s Catering Executive Chef Chris Weist
Yield 4 entrée salads or 8 starters
Preheat oven to 350°, preheat grill to medium high
- 12 ounces spicy Salad greens, Mesclun mix, Frisee, baby chard, arugula radicchio, baby spinach or any combination of greens
- 4 ounces sun dried cherries divided (some as garnish some for dressing)
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds skirt steak seasoned and grilled to medium rare
- 3-4 ounces Pine nuts
- 3-4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- Spice mixture; for cheese and steak as needed
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne
- ½ tsp ground fennel
Sun Dried Cherry Vinaigrette
- 2 ounces sun dried cherries
- Hot water to cover
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot
- Pinch of Chinese five spice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
For the dressing:
Soak dried cherries for 15-20 mins in hot water (120°) drain, check for pits and reserve split between the dressing and some to toss with the lettuce. Place everything except oil in a blender or food processor and blend, drizzle oil in slowly to emulsify season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 350° spread pine nuts on baking sheet in a single layer and toast 10-15 mins until golden, this can be done ahead.
Dust steak with spice mix and coat with oil place on hot grill and cook to 135°internal for medium rare (checking the thickest part) reserve; slice steak thin against the grain and top salad.
While we are not hosting in person tours of our facility right now, you can view the latest updates and upgrades to Drees Pavilion here.
Drees Pavilion Open House
Don’t miss the chance to see Drees Pavilion unveil our new look!
Our Annual Bridal Open house is also our Reveal Party this year!
The event will feature drinks & refreshments from our catering partners:
Funky’s Catering Events
Jeff Thomas Catering
McHale’s Events & Catering
along with other vendors, and of course our new fixtures, finishes and more!
Plan on joining us on Thursday, March 12 at 5 PM!
Attention 2020 & 2021 couples!
We are offering a special on our upgraded lighting package during the month of February. Get up to 25 pin spots and up to 12 uplighting options around the room in your color of choice!
Book by February 29th and save up to $300!
Mention FEBRUARY LIGHTING PACKAGE when speaking to your Drees Pavilion event planner.
Available on Fridays in November 2019!
4 Hour Room Rental
All Wine, Beer, Soft Drinks, Coffee & Tea
Chef’s choice of passed hors d’oeuvres as your guests arrive.
Choice of 6 displayed appetizers
Assorted Pickup Desserts
Choice of Up Lighting Colors
$70.00 per person, plus sales tax
(125 guest minimum)