We are excited to announce we can celebrate together again in Kentucky!
The state released updated guidelines effective June 29th, 2020, for wedding & event venues. While this list of “Do’s and Don’ts” seems extensive, the important fact is we can once again welcome weddings & receptions to Drees Pavilion and Devou Golf & Event Center.
An extensive list of guidelines are listed below along with links to the official documents, but here are some highlights:
- The number of guests shall not exceed 50% of the maximum permitted occupancy, meaning Drees Pavilion can accommodate 150 guests; Devou Golf & Event Center – 100 guests
- Devou Properties must maintain a record of attendees and their contact information, telephone number preferred, and cooperate with state and/or local public official request(s) to notify attendees if the event is linked by contact tracing to high risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- Events will be set with tables of 8, placed six feet apart for safe social distancing.
- Couples will be provided a room layout to assign seating for each of their guests in the safest manner.
- Persons not living within the same household are not permitted to sit at the same table.
- A member of our team will meet guests at front door to inform them of their seating assignments in lieu of common touch seating assignment charts or objects
- Masks are required to be worn by all guests except while seated or consuming food & beverage
- No common touch guest book or signature item
- Appetizers will be served table-side
- The bar will be open to guests but social distancing in line will be required
- Guests are to remain seated when eating or drinking
- Bridal party introductions – no changes
- Welcome & Blessing – no changes
- Speeches – no changes
- Cake Cutting – cake table will be located on dance floor with at least 6 ft separation, possibly with stanchions surrounding; cake will be moved to the kitchen to be plate served after dinner
- Idea! Consider a small cake being presented to the couple for cutting
- Bride & groom’s first dance – no changes
- Parent dances – no changes
- Silverware will be rolled in a linen napkin at each place setting
- Water will be served to guests upon request
- Salad will be served to each guest followed by dinner service
- Wedding cake or desserts served table-side
- The dance floor will be available if social distancing protocols are being followed
- The dance floor can be marked to remind guests of social distancing
- Emcee/DJ will assist with social distancing on the dance floor
To help keep you and your guests safe
- Team members will have temperatures checked and will be given a pre work health screening
- All doors that can be propped open safely will be to lessen contact to surfaces
- Team members will be assigned to sanitize surfaces and bathrooms throughout the evening
- Covid 19 required posters to be posted at front doors
- Staff to wear face coverings at all times
The complete state issued document may be found here.
For further information, access the requirements for Restaurant and Bars (which also inform this list) here. Please keep in mind that we are ready to assist in understanding and interpreting these procedures for each specific event. Call us with any questions or concerns you may have.
As always, this information is subject to change and we will keep you informed as much and as quickly as we can. We are excited to work to ensure and safe and successful celebration on your big day!